The Association exists to promote and develop the needs of the Community and therefore relies on the support of its members to achieve this.
New members are always welcome and we would like to update everyone on some of the issues we have addressed on your behalf in the past:
• Improvement of Porth Proenade – Now complete.
• Seating above Porth Beach car park. Got our local Councillor to get it condemned and
• Raised residents concerns with regards to speeding on Alexandra Road – Draft plans have been drawn up by council with regards to traffic calming measures and safe crossing islands.
• Ensured beach Grading took take place in 2017, with funding from local businesses.
• Speakers at Open Meetings have included Shelter Box, Fire Service (Free smoke alarm installation), Community Plan and the Cabinet member for the Environment.
• Arranged several beach cleans – successful standard achieved
• Whipsiderry Development. Initiated a DMMO (Definitive Map Modification Order) in order to protect the current coast path above whipsiderry beach.
There are numerous other items that we’ve not listed, but hopefully the above demonstrates the value we all can add as part of the Association. Further benefits could be achieved by having more members – so if you’re not already one, please join us!